Production Team Member
Full Time / Permanent Role
Based at the roastery in Marsden, near Huddersfield, recruiting into our growing business.
The role is based within our Production Team, supporting the packing, labelling and boxing of our coffee products, as well as other wider support within the roastery. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with real enthusiasm for the coffee industry, who is looking to build a long-term career in coffee, or artisan manufacturing. As a small, but growing business, there will be room to grow within the role by having the opportunity to work in different areas of the production process.
The role will include (but is not limited to):
- Operating semi-automated weigh/fill coffee packing machinery
- Preparing coffee packs; labelling bags/boxes
- Filling, sealing and finishing retail and coffee packs
- Picking and packing wholesale customer orders and preparing them for dispatch
- Assisting with fulfilling and sending out orders from our online web-shop
- Assisting with stock management/stock-taking
- Keeping accurate paper-based and electronic production and food safety records
- Assisting with the general up-keep of equipment and cleaning around the roastery
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and would like a career in the speciality coffee sector.
- Proof of right to work in UK
- Competent in numeracy and literacy
- ICT literate – competent in MS Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Willingness to get stuck in and quick to learn
- To be aware that this can be a physical role – stooping, lifting, carrying boxes
- Patience and meticulous attention to detail; understanding of the importance of speed
- Ability to work efficiently, diligently and cheerfully as part of a small team
- Excellent at multitasking, prioritisation and organising own workload
- A desire to learn and expand speciality coffee knowledge
- An ambition to develop a career within the business as it grows
- Be extremely reliable and punctual
- Be flexible regarding the work required for the needs of the business
Please send us your CV and a cover letter/email to HR@darkwoodscoffee.co.uk.
Your cover letter must set out how you meet our requirements, why you would like to join our business and what you think you could bring to this role. Please read our job requirements carefully and only apply if you genuinely think you can meet them.
We will only consider applicants who include a cover letter/email, which sets out why they are applying for the job and how they meet the requirements of the role.
Closing date Monday 15 February 2021 at 5.00pm.